A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to the user’s computer each time you visit a website. When revisiting the same site, the cookie allows the web site to recognize your browser. Cookies can store user preferences and other information. Your browser settings can be modified to reject all cookies or to indicate when to send. However, it may be that some of the functions or services of the website may not function properly without cookies.
What kind of cookies this website use?
According to the purpose for which the data obtained through the cookies are addressed, we can distinguish between:
– Technical Cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and use of different options or services it exist as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements of an order, make the buying process an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing store content for broadcast video or sound or share content via social networks.
– Cookies Customization: those that allow the user to access the service with some features of a general nature predefined depending on a number of criteria in the user terminal such as would be the language, type of browser through which access to service, the locale from which you access the service, etc.
Regarding the processing of data collected through cookies analysis, the Article 29 Working Party has stated that, although they are not exempt from the duty to obtain informed consent for use consent is unlikely to pose a risk for users’ privacy whenever you try cookies first part, dealing aggregate data with a strictly statistical purposes, that information on their use is provided and the ability for users to express their refusal on their use is included.
– Advertising Cookies: These are those that enable the management, the most efficient way of advertising spaces, where appropriate, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from providing the requested service based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which ads are displayed.
– Cookies behavioral advertising: they are those that enable the management, the most efficient way of advertising spaces, where appropriate, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from providing the requested service. These cookies store information on user behavior obtained through continued observing their browsing habits, allowing to develop a specific profile to display ads based on the same.
How to manage cookies in your browser?
Can you allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring your browser options installed on your computer:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es-es
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260971
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
If you want to further deepen and master the subject can read the “Guía sobre el uso de las cookies“ which has published the Spanish Data Protection Agency, the organization responsible for ensuring our security on privacy and data protection.